Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SOLD to the Highest Bidder...

...a mint condition copy of Looking Hard by Joel Grey, autographed by Joel Grey!

This story is just too rich! And one of the reasons I had to go through with this "cleansing" blog.
BTW the book was sold to a man from Florida.


AD COPY:
Mint condition First Edition copy of Looking Hard by Joel Grey, signed by Joel Grey!

When I was the Maitre 'd at the Poison Ivy Restaurant in 2006 I was given this as a "gift" from the owners. Mr. Grey is a regular guest and "friend" of the owners, Dick and Blanche Du Bois. Actually Mr. Grey is one of the few "friends" they have as they are evil, greedy, heartless reptiles with arctic cold blood flowing through their veins.

As much as I respect his artistry, I really have no use for the book, and perhaps one of his fans would appreciate it

Listed at $5.00 (no reserve)
Sold for $6.05
Shipping: $6.67!

Anyway...I felt bad so I contact buyer and tell him I'll look for cheaper shipping as it costs more than the book sold for.
He then writes back:

"A money order for $12.72 is in the mail and on its way to you. Its worth $12.72 just to keep reading your description of your boss(LMAO). The devil is alive and well and living in south Florida bosses too!"

No comments: