Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"I'll have the Credit Line Special, with the Interest on the Side."

UGGH! It's so frustrating! Long story short of it, I have been grossly underemployed since September, when the Poison Ivy and I parted ways. Proof positive, that life goes on, January has marked a small reversal in my situation, but unfortunately, I have fallen behind on some cc's--first time in 7 years! Anyway, some of them have gone 90 days, and the calls have become irritatingly frequent--24 calls in 11 hours on my cell alone, not to mention the untold numbers on my unplugged home line.

Anyway...I usually just ignore them, but occasionally I take the bait, to explain, I got no $ right now. Well, what a difference 90 days make! The 90 day callers are real assholes, out of the gate, and it's a battle to see who controls the call, a battle gladly accepted by this masochist. I didn't work at Spago-a-go-go, and the Poison Ivy for 14 years total, to be pushed around by some scumbag from Bumfuck Arkansas.

For example, Juniper Visa called tonight. I didn't know it was them since my phone's ID said UNKNOWN. Anyway I answered and this woman starts asking all these "security" questions, before telling me who she is to begin with! Once I found out who it was, I asked them to hold as I checked my phone log of previous conversations. I saw that I had asked for them to put a settlement offer in writing on the 23rd of January. I requested the same settlement offer again, and reminded them that Citibank had done the same, and we had struck a deal.

Then, as a simple gesture of goodwill, I suggested that they identify themselves on their caller ID, like Citibank. She then inquired how I could afford caller ID but couldn’t afford to pay them. I then responded that her line of questioning was outside the scope of our discussion, but since she was getting personal, I now I would have to get personal and start referring to her as “Stupid Cunt”.

Anyway...just venting. It's humbling too, in that they are professionals, they have a script, while I just have my reactions to their insane inquiries.

No comments: